I managed to meet Ally Sheedy and the great Ruby Dee at the premiere of the film the Steam Room at the MFA. I gave them complimentary postcards of my art and let them know how much I enjoyed their work as actresses. It was a moving experience and the film was done quite well though it seemed it would have a better run on a network like Lifetime.
The Eternal Presence statue by John Wilson in Roxbury. I take my son by it on his birthday every year since he was born. I'd like to exhibit the images when he is 21. I like the meaning behind it and it's quite a bonding experience.
I am still doing the Boston Strong ? Exhibit with Jason Pramas and we've had shows at Community Church Copley (with Mel King as a guest speaker), Roxbury Grove Hall Library ( pictured above) and the art gallery Galatea in the South End. I'm continuing to create more work for the show which has gone from 7 to 19 pieces. We've been lucky enough to be interviewed on N.P.R. and featured in the Globe, other papers and a local cable show.



No comments:
Post a Comment